OZO - Bottom-up Online Zelfhulp voor Ouders met een achterstand
Press Release 1
The project “Bottom-up online self-help for underprivileged parents” (OZO, in Dutch: Bottom-up Online Zelfhulp voor Ouders met een achterstand) by the Ezzev Foundation has started. The project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
- Within the rich existing Dutch supply of services providing support to underprivileged parents, an online self-help environment is lacking that offers an interdisciplinary approach, rather than a one-specialism approach, and chooses a bottom-up approach in which the already available parent resources are taken as the starting-point.
- Implement an online environment for underprivileged parents;
- Stimulate underprivileged parents to enrich the self-help environment with their own resources;
- Empower underprivileged parents by means of a learning module on how to start, have and end a dialogue – with other adults and with their children;
- Empower underprivileged parents by means of a learning module on how to present oneself on video;
- Empower underprivileged parents by means of a learning module on how to present oneself on online.
- Point of inspiration for the project is a Greek parent bottom-up initiative at the Maraslion Primary School in Athens. Each Saturday during the school year, parent association PAEPSM organizes get-togethers for parents in the school building in which parents freely share resources like knowledge and skills.
- (March/ April 2017) PAEPSM organizes for Ezzev volunteers a training session in which their best practices are presented;
- (May 2017/ April 2018) Ezzev drafts a project plan which is to be discussed with PAEPSM;
- (May/ July 2018) An online parent self-help platform pilot is conducted in the Netherlands, and possibly in Greece and Poland too;
- (August/ September 2018) The project result will be presented: a toolkit for parents to create and administrate a self-help platform including newly created interdisciplinary knowledge project modules on communication and auto-presentation online and on video.
- Ezzev Chairman Onno Hansen-Staszyński
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Greece, Maria Ghiata Pozios, email: email@example.com